Seljak Brand uses post-consumer textiles waste that is recycled in mills in Italy and Lithuania.
The yarn is spun in Italy out of old woollen jumpers and garments. The garments are separated into colour piles and then shredded and combed, ready for spinning. Read more on the yarn making process
The yarn is then taken to Lithuania for weaving into blankets. The mill we work with in Lithuania is almost a century old and is expert at weaving luxurious woollen blankets. The jacquard looms mean we can weave beautiful, abstract artwork into the blankets. Read more about the mill in Lithuania
- Air out your blanket by hanging it in the sun
- Brush to remove any excess dirt
- Spot clean dirty marks and spills with lukewarm soapy water
- Machine wash at maximum 30 degrees with a wool wash and hang dry
- Do not tumble dry
- Dry clean if necessary
- Read more about how to care for your blanket
Orders are shipped in compostable mailer bags, and will arrive approximately 3-6 business days for domestic services to major cities and major regional towns. International orders are calculated based on location and are shipped with International Express Courier. Orders will arrive approximately 10 days after shipping.Returns
We accept returns for products that are damaged or defective (due to manufacturing error) within 14 days of receipt of your order. Please email email@example.com with an explanation and photograph of the product and we will arrange a replacement product. It must be returned unused and in the same condition that you received it. Read more about shipping and returnsRecycling
If you no longer want your blanket, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will organise a courier to pick up the blanket and return it to us. We will then recycle it with one of our recycling partners.
- This blanket diverts 450g of waste from landfill
- $5 of this blanket purchase goes to the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre in Melbourne
- The carbon emissions from this blanket have been offset by protecting old growth forest through the Rimba Raya project in Indonesia. Read more about our carbon reduction strategy
Closing the loop
Check out our How It’s Made video.
Great lightweight blanket/throw!
Oh my gosh I absolutely love the lightness warmth and stunning design in all those calming green heart chakra colours it’s a delight on the end of my bed perfect for Queensland winter ! Sustainable 100 percent even better Thank you
Family of SBs
Still in transit as a gift to NZ. Held up by COVID. This is the 4 th member of our family to get a SB
Beautiful design and quality. Lovely texture. Very happy with purchase
Love this blanket!
Beautiful blanket that is lightweight and super cosy. Thanks for the friendly customer service.