Seljak Brand hosted a panel discussion at Sustainable Living Festival with Suitcase Rummage
Seljak Brand exemplifies closed-loop systems and design through recycled blankets. As well as producing products, we engage individuals and organisations in conversations at talks, workshops and events about how we can better make and use things to reduce our impact on the environment and achieve sustainability outcomes. Sam and Karina Seljak also consult other businesses on how to embed circularity into their own operations.
We align our work to the Sustainable Development Goal #12: Responsible Production and Consumption and #13 Climate Action.
TalksSeljak Brand delivers inspiring, content-rich presentations and participates on panels to discuss closed loop design for products and systems, and textiles and fashion sustainability. We have spoken at conferences, universities, corporate offices and festivals to share the Seljak Brand story and explore ways to solve local and global challenges.
We've spoken at:
- Sydney Design Festival
- Melbourne Design Week
- Sustainable Living Festival
- Purpose Conference
- Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival (VAMFF)
- Woolmark’s Naturally Inspiring
- Interface x Edge Environment’s Circular Threads
- University of New South Wales (UNSW)
- Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- Malmö University
- Macquarie University
- Noosa Council
- Brisbane Girls Grammar School
Get in touch for speaking opportunities.
WorkshopsUnderstanding the circular economy is the first step toward using waste as a resource and a framework that’s used to help achieve sustainability outcomes.
Seljak Brand offers half-day circular economy workshops for individuals and organisations on key principals and the circular economy in action, with the opportunity to be guided in applying learnings to a real-world example.
Get in touch to book a workshop for your group or organisation.
EventsSeljak Brand hosts community events to enable conversation about global issues on a local level. We discuss things like how you can contribute to reducing global warming and how creativity can be leveraged to create systems change. Check out the events we’ve organised, and explore the themes and outcomes further below:
- It’s a climate emergency: What do we do now?
- Beach artwork to protest the government's 'gas-fired recovery'
- Art as action: Finding the role of creativity in the face of a climate crisis
- Disrupting fashion to save the world: Limiting global warming to 1.5°C
If you are interested in talks, workshops or events with us please don't hesitate to get in touch.