As a purpose-driven business, every year we report on how we’re contributing to the community and environment. In a nutshell:
- We’ve donated 114 blankets to the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre in Melbourne
- We've diverted 2,000kg of textiles waste from landfill to make our blankets
- About 6,000 people have engaged with us in talking about circular models at conferences and events
- Over 500,000 Australians have been exposed to closed loop business practices thanks to the press we've received
- We've crowdfunded $32,000 to help fund the research and development of using other businesses' textile waste to make more blankets – you can check out our progress with local Sydney label Citizen Wolf’s offcuts here.
We're continuing to explore systems change and ways to create beautiful and sustainable solutions for the future.
We’ve been accepted into SEFA Partnerships’ Kick Starter program, funded by Macquarie Group, to build a growth strategy to increase Seljak Brand’s impact; diverting more waste from landfill and changing the take-make-waste paradigm.
By listening, purchasing, spreading the word and getting involved, it's YOU who has contributed to making the world a cosier, less wasteful place – so thank you!