- We've diverted 900kg of textiles waste from landfill to make our blankets
- We’ve donated 54 blankets to the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre in Melbourne (and donated $900+ during our Black Friday Cyber Monday campaigns)
- We've organised three Seljak Brand panel discussions about climate change and limiting global warming to 1.5°C. In doing so, we've brought together more than 300 community members and representatives from government, business and beyond, to discuss the climate emergency. We've also spoken at numerous other events including at Melbourne Fashion Festival (VAMFF) and The Design Files' Sustainable Design Panel on the topic of conscious design
- We participated in former US Vice President Al Gore's Climate Reality training to arm ourselves with the in latest climate science and communication
- We've received $30,000 from Macquarie Group and SEFA Partnership's Kick Starter Program to help increase Seljak Brand's impact; diverting more textiles waste from landfill and changing the take-make-waste paradigm
- We were awarded best in Sustainable Design at The Design Files' 2019 Design Awards
- We're in the top 5 finalists of the National Gallery of Victoria's Australian Furniture Design Award 2020 with a submission in collaboration with Sarah K of supercyclers
- We took to the streets on March 15, September 20 and November 29 to protest the government's lack of action on climate change for the Global Climate Strike alongside millions of others worldwide.
Meanwhile, we're continuing to explore systems change and ways to create beautiful and sustainable solutions for the future.
By listening, purchasing, spreading the word and getting involved, it's YOU who are making the world a cosier, more resourceful place – so thank you!